Worship at VNC
VNC offers two identical Sunday services. Each service is packed with creativity, uplifting music, and a powerful message to help you through your week.
* A full children's program for kids birth thru sixth grade is available at the same time as all of our worship options.
About Valparaiso Nazarene Church« Return to ABOUT US
BeliefsThe Beliefs of Valparaiso Nazarene Church are simple and grounded in the Word of God.
- Sin (action against God's Law) has damaged all of us.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." ~Romans 3:23
- Those in sin become a slave to sin, yet God still loves us.
"I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the son sets you free, you will be free indeed." ~John 8:34-36
- This freedom from sin is through Jesus alone.
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ~John 14:6
- Jesus died on the cross as a penalty for our sins.
"But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." ~Romans 5:8
- The Holy Spirit will bring guilt for our sins and pull us toward forgiveness.
"When He (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteous and judgment."~John 16:8
- Jesus' desire is to forgive our sins. He even guarantees that if we ask for forgiveness, He will not turn us away.
"If we confess our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." ~I John 1:9
- God desires not just to forgive us, but to give us strength, to infuse our lives with purity so that we will not continue in a "sin-style" but in the style of a "holy life."
"But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy." ~I Peter 1:15-16
"And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through His own blood." ~Hebrews 13:12
- This creates a relationship not characterized by something formal, phony, or manipulated, but something genuine! This relationship results in real joy in our lives as we live in the style of a holy God.
"Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God. Happy are all who search for God, and always do His will, rejecting compromise with evil, and walking only in His paths." ~Psalm 119:1-3